Domiciliary CareRequest more information
Abicare provides quality domiciliary care in your own home to provide you some additional support you may require.
Find out more about how our domiciliary care can support you.
What is domiciliary care?
Domiciliary care is for those who are still able to live in their own home and may require some additional support but do not need full time live-in care.
Abicare’s domiciliary carers are there to help support those who need a little help throughout the day or night – it could be one visit a week to several visits a day.
You can choose the time of day, length of visit and frequency of your home care. Whatever your needs, our visiting care service helps your daily routine run smoothly, so you can remain in your own home.
The benefits of Domiciliary care
A visiting carer helps you when you need more support in your own home. Whatever assistance you require, Abicare can help!
- Personal care: bathing, dressing, help with going to the toilet, and supervision of medicine.
- Bedtime and morning routines: help with getting up and getting ready for bed.
- Food preparation and help at meal-times.
- Light housework: laundry, cooking, and cleaning.
- Companionship and social interaction.
- Social activities: visits to clubs and to see friends.
- Errands – shopping and collecting prescriptions
A small team of domiciliary carers will be trained to understand your care plan and know precisely how you like things done. If any of the carers on your team are not available because of holiday or sickness, Abicare will arrange for another trained carer to visit you.
Different levels of domiciliary care, starting with companionship care.
With companionship care you can spend as little or as much one-on-one time as you would like with your carer, giving you the opportunity to take part in the activities and interests of your choice. This could be something as simple as playing a game of cards, dominoes, a board game, or being read to. Or perhaps you’d just like to have a good old natter with your carer about the things that interest you most or are important to you.
Our companionship services include the following:
- walking your dog
- shopping for food
- taking you to leisure activities / visiting a community centre
- enjoying a chat over a cup of tea
- providing company while doing crafts or hobbies
- playing games or reading to you
- encouraging and helping with exercise where appropriate
Many families are opting for domiciliary home care over a care home for many reasons, such as:
- Staying in your own home and living independently
- Staying with your pets and all your belongings
- Having a one to one trained and vetted carer
- Bespoke care that suits your routine and preferences
- Freeing up family from domestic tasks to spend more quality time together
- Home care is often cheaper than a care home
An Abicare domiciliary carer will be there to keep you company, make sure you’re happy and help you to live independently.
Abicare is widely recognised as one of the top, highly reputable providers of domiciliary home care and live-in care – We provide domiciliary home care services in and around Salisbury, Swindon, Bradford-on-Avon, Basingstoke and South East Wales, and live-in care throughout England and Wales.
Abicare is fully licensed and are regulated by the CQC (Care Quality Commission) and CIW (Care Inspectorate Wales.)
Paying for care
When it comes to paying for care, it’s best to plan ahead.
We are so proud of the work we do and the support we offer and we’re pleased to share how we have recently…Read more
Have a question? Find the answer!
Head over to our FAQ’s to see if a question you have has already been asked and answered, if not ask away and we will get back to you.
Request more information or call us today - 03452 410198
Abicare changes lives. Get in touch to find out more about how Abicare services could help the lives of you and your family.