Have you ever considered working in live-in care?
Whatever your care experience, we can offer you a career to be proud of.
Whether you have experience of providing domiciliary care or if you’re an experienced live-in carer, we’d love to hear from you.
If you lack professional experience but have cared for a family member or loved one, you should still apply. You will receive full training, shadowing and dedicated support from our senior carers and managers.
How do I become a carer? All you need to become a carer in the UK is the right to work in the UK, a valid DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) and the passion to help change somebody’s life. *If you do not have a DBS we will help you get one.
Having a valid UK driving licence is also a great advantage when it comes to your career in care. Abicare provides live-in care across England and Wales.
Why join Abicare?
Abicare is a leading provider of Live-in care across England and Wales, with a wealth of experience in delivering person-centred care.
As a live-in carer you will be on hand to give our client and their loved ones reassurance and peace of mind, allowing the client to stay in their own home for as long as possible, in familiar surroundings.
When you join Abicare as a live-in carer, you become part of the Abicare Family – receiving free training, a free Care Certificate qualification, and career development opportunities, to name but a few!
We have been quick to adapt to the Covid19 crisis from offering online training to issuing new safety policies and a strong supply of PPE – the safety of our Carers and our Clients is paramount to us.
The live-in carer role
This role would ideally suit someone who wants to do ‘flexible stay care placements’ usually a minimum of two weeks in a client’s home with regular breaks of two hours provided during each working day. Typical daily duties include
- Preparing meals and eating
- Accompanying them to medical or other appointments
- Reminders to take medication, or helping to administer medication
- Full time support for clients who require specialist care
As a live-in carer you will also provide the client with companionship, mental stimulation and helping them to maintain their independence.
At Abicare we pride ourselves on offering the best rates and comprehensive benefits scheme:
What we offer!
When you join Abicare you will receive a huge amount of benefits, including:
- Weekly rates up to £867 per week
- Seasonal welcome bonus
- Refer a friend bonus
- We will pay you to attend our 3-day training course and reimburse the cost of travel and accommodation*
- Sick pay and company pension scheme
- 28 days per year holiday pay (pro rata)
- Blue Light Discount Card to be used in high street stores and online
- Paid 4 weekly pay or a weekly payment
- Travel expenses reimbursed when travelling to client’s home
- Food provided whilst living with the client
- Ongoing training and career development opportunities (nationally recognised qualification routes)
- A free Care Certificate qualification
- Free online training using our e-learning training system.
- Continued support from your team and manager
- Regular team meetings and social events
- Access to wellbeing programs
- 24/7 on call emergency support network
Live-in carer training
If you have previous live-in care experience you will complete our online training. If you have domiciliary care experience but you have not done live-in care before, we offer a 3 day fast track induction to check for competency and to provide refresher training that adheres to Abicare standards. This is classroom-based training and will take place at one of our offices.
Our training department is extremely passionate about ensuring that every carer is trained to the highest industry standards, so that all our clients receive the quality of care they deserve.
Our trainers have a vast wealth of experience between them with the knowledge and ability to train our carers to look after those with complex and specialist needs, as well as supporting a client’s holistic needs.
- Our bespoke training has always received huge praise throughout the care industry.
- Our carers will have completed some of the most comprehensive care training from our highly qualified team of trainers.
- We offer a free unique online training service using the Relias training platform to support our staff to grow their skills and knowledge base, and the hours that are assigned to the courses count towards a CPD certificate.
The recruitment process
When you make your initial enquiry to become a live-in carer, you will start your recruitment process with us:
- Our recruitment team will give you a call for an initial telephone interview.
- You will then be sent an application form via email for you to complete.
- A member of the recruitment team will arrange to have a video interview with you, via Google Meet.
- If you have been successful we will request that you send us a reference, your DBS and Right to Work documentation, and any other paperwork that we may require.
- You will be booked onto either our online training or a 3-day classroom training with one of our Abicare trainers.
- Once you have completed your training we will arrange your Care Package for you!
To become a live-in carer, we are looking for someone that has
- Previous care experience either as a live-in Carer or in a domiciliary care setting. If you have care experience of looking after a family member/loved one we’d also love to hear from you.
- Experience in Moving & Handling and the use of hoists.
- A solid understanding of what good care looks like.
- Kindness and compassion.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Individuals that can work remotely and largely unsupervised.
- A calm attitude and the ability to think logically when under pressure.
- The ability to prepare simple meals, follow good standards of hygiene, and adapt meals to your client’s dietary needs.
Abicare are always keen to recruit carers from overseas – you bring your experience and we will provide you with a rewarding career. You must have the right to work in the UK.
Live-in carers from Greece – https://abicare.co.uk/live-in-carers-from-greece/
Live-in carers from Spain – https://abicare.co.uk/live-in-carers-from-spain/
What our carers say
Working for Abicare has changed my life! A supportive company who are friendly, helpful and understanding.
– Carer, Bradford-on-Avon
It’s a brilliant place to gain more experience and expand my knowledge. I would recommend it to anyone.
– Carer, Swindon
The trainer I had was amazing – Michelle shared so many interesting stories of her own experiences.
-Inga, Live-in care
They really believe in you and offer training at every level.