Live-in care for those with a disability or physical impairment
Find out more about our round the clock support in the comfort of your own home, from our dedicated team of specialist carers for those with a disability, including the elderly
What are the benefits of Live-in care for people with a physical disability?
At Abicare, we understand that every disability is different, and every care plan must be tailored to suit each client’s needs. Adapting to life with a worsening disability can be extremely challenging, especially for the elderly, and our team of experienced carers are on hand to support our clients to set realistic goals and activities and to take advantage of the things that they can do, so that they can live life as fully and independently as possible despite their condition. Having a Live-in carer also ensures a client’s safety if they are unable to move around their home on their own, and so offers reassurance both to them and those around them.
What does Live-in care for those with a disability include?
At Abicare, we strive to encourage our clients to live as independently as possible, in whatever ways their condition will allow. As well as personal care and companionship, our Live-in carers will help you to continue activities that you or your loved one enjoys for as long as possible. Live-in disability care might include the following:
- Personal care – bathing, dressing, going to the toilet and supervision of medicine
- Low-support medical care, including pain management so that the client is as comfortable as possible
- Light housework – laundry, shopping or walking the dog
- Help with preparing your favourite meals
- Accompanying you on trips
- Companionship – Sometimes the smallest things make the biggest difference, and it’s a huge comfort to have a friendly face around the house who is there for a cup of tea and a chat as well as to offer more physical support
- Overnight Care – If clients with a disability wake up in the night, they can be very uncomfortable when they do and unable to get out of bed on their own. Our Live-in carers are on hand to offer help and reassurance during the night to ensure a client’s safety and alleviate any anxieties or discomfort
- Mobility support – We understand that clients with a disability often have restricted mobility, we are on hand to support them in day-to-day tasks and to encourage them to live as independently as possible
- Running essential errands, for example collecting your medication or doing a food shop
- Respite Care – If you are someone’s regular care giver, and you need some extra support or some time off, our team of carers can step in and help and give you peace of mind knowing that your loved one is receiving the high quality of care that they are used to
Our specialist carers are on hand to provide 24 hour care in the comfort of your own home. Get in touch today to find out more about Live-in care for those with a disability.
Request more information or call us today - 01722 343 989
Abicare changes lives. Get in touch to find out more about how Abicare services could help the lives of you and your family.