Palliative Visiting Home CareFree Palliative Care Assessment
Find out more about the visiting palliative care services we offer in the comfort of your own home
Specialist care in the comfort of your own home
Sometimes a full time Live-in carer may not be necessary for those nearing the end of their life, and they might just need a helping hand and a familiar face around the house every now and again. Our fully vetted, specialist trained carers are here to help, and can offer you, or your loved one, the right level of support you need in the comfort of your own home.
What is visiting care?
Visiting care is a great way to receive quality care within the comfort of your own home. From help with getting up in the mornings to respite care for your usual caregiver, Abicare can help you live with more independence and control over your day-to-day life.
We provide visiting care services in and around Salisbury, Swindon, Bradford-on-Avon, Basingstoke and South East Wales.
You can choose the time of day, length of visit and frequency of your visiting home care. Whatever your needs, our carers are on hand to make sure your daily routine runs smoothly so you are able to remain living comfortably and safely in your own home.
Learn more below about the many benefits of using our visiting care service or ask Abicare a question today.
Palliative visiting care
At Abicare, we have a number of specialist carers who are experienced in working with those needing end of life or palliative care, and understand their specific, unique needs. We will always encourage our clients to live as independently as possible. Visiting palliative care might include the following:
- Personal care – bathing, dressing, going to the toilet and supervision of medicine
- Help with administering medication and managing pain
- Light housework – laundry, shopping or walking the dog
- Help with preparing your favourite meals
- Accompanying you on trips
- Companionship – the smallest things really can make the biggest difference, especially for those nearing the end of their life. Every minute counts, and it’s important for clients needing palliative care to have a familiar face around the house so that they feel assured and have continuity in their day-to-day life
- Physical and mental support, especially if a client feels scared, confused, disorientated or anxious – As a client approaches the end of their life, the impact on their mental health can be huge, so our specialist carers are on hand to assist clients in effectively expressing themselves and to help them maintain their dignity and independence
- Encouragement with physical and recreational activities if possible, for example, going for a short walk, going to the cinema, or meeting a friend for coffee
- Running essential errands, for example collecting your medication or doing a food shop
- Respite Care – If you are someone’s regular care giver, and you need some extra support or a break, our team of carers can step in and help and give you peace of mind knowing that your loved one is receiving the high quality of care that they are used to
Our specialist carers are on hand to provide palliative visiting care services in the comfort of your own home. Get in touch today to find out more about palliative visiting care.
Request more information or call us today - 01722 343 989
Abicare changes lives. Get in touch to find out more about how Abicare services could help the lives of you and your family.