Neurological Live-in Home CareRequest more information
Find out more about our round the clock support in the comfort of your own home, from our dedicated team of specialist Neurological carers
What are the benefits of Live-in care for clients with Neurological illnesses?
At Abicare, we know that Neurological conditions can vary hugely in their symptoms and they can affect every sufferer differently. These conditions can make the simplest of tasks feel monumental, and this massively affects the life of the patient and those around them.
The term Neurological condition covers a wide range of different diagnoses, and our specialist carers have experience in looking after individuals with a variety of different conditions including Huntington’s disease, Motor Neurone disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease and strokes. Our carers will help tailor the support they offer to each client’s individual needs, and whether the condition is sudden and onset (eg. brain injury), intermittent and unpredictable (eg. epilepsy), progressive (eg. Motor Neurone disease) or stable (eg. cerebral palsy), we are able to offer specialised help and support.
Having someone on hand 24/7 to provide a familiar friendly face around the house is especially important to Neurological patients, because it provides an element of consistency in their lives. Our trained carers have specialist experience in looking after Neurological patients, and we know that in some instances, the right rehabilitation and assistance can improve a condition and help sufferers gain back their independence.
Neurological patients can be prone to waking up in the night and they can be very confused when they do. Having one of our Live-in carers on hand through the night offers peace of mind and reassurance to the client and their family, alleviates any anxiety and also ensures their safety.
What does Live-in care for Neurological patients include?
At Abicare, we strive to encourage our clients to live as independently as possible, in whatever ways their condition will allow. As well as personal care and companionship, our Live-in carers will help you to continue activities that you or your loved one enjoys for as long as possible. Neurological Live-in Care might include the following:
- Personal care – bathing, dressing, going to the toilet and supervision of medicine
- Light housework – laundry, shopping or walking the dog
- Help with preparing your favourite meals
- Accompanying you on trips
- Companionship – the smallest things really can make the biggest difference, especially for those with a Neurological condition. It’s important for clients to have a familiar face around the house so that they feel assured and have continuity in their day-to-day life
- Overnight Care – those suffering with a Neurological condition can be prone to waking up in the night and they can be very confused when they do. Having one of our Live-in carers on hand through the night offers peace of mind and ensures a client’s safety
- Mental support, especially if a client feels scared, confused, disorientated or anxious. Living with a Neurological condition can take its toll on a person’s mental health, so our dedicated carers are on hand to help with mood swings, changes in behaviour and to assist our clients in effectively expressing themselves and to remember things where possible
- Physical support – as well as helping on a practical level, we know that in some instances, the right rehabilitation can make a huge difference to the physical improvement of those suffering from a Neurological condition.
- Encouragement with physical and recreational activities if possible, for example, going for a short walk, going to the cinema, or meeting a friend for coffee.
- Running essential errands, for example collecting your medication or doing a food shop.
- Respite Care – If you are someone’s regular care giver, and you need some extra support or some time off, our team of carers can step in and help and give you peace of mind knowing that your loved one is receiving the high quality of care that they are used to.
Our specialist carers are on hand to provide 24 hour care in the comfort of your own home. Get in touch today to find out more about Neurological Live-in Care.
Request more information or call us today - 01722 343 989
Abicare changes lives. Get in touch to find out more about how Abicare services could help the lives of you and your family.