What does Abicare do?
Abicare is a home care services agency providing highly-trained carers across the UK, including live-in care and visiting care services.
Explore our care services to find out more about the tailored care Abicare offers or read on to find out how you can begin a meaningful career within the Abicare team.
Why we believe in delivering great care
We believe everybody should have access to great care. Abicare wants to create a world with reimagined, better quality care that empowers people to be more independent within their own homes. It is our aim to give people the best possible care that fits within their lives and helps them to stay in the comfort of their own homes for as long as possible.
I started Abicare to give our clients the best possible care and I really think we do that.
– Anne-Marie Perry. CEO Abicare
Abicare began with an idea: care could be reinvented to fit better with people’s needs today. CEO and founder Anne-Marie Perry believed in the power of care to change lives and improve the society we live in. But her thirty years of experience in the nursing home and social care sectors meant she could see care providers were not always questioning traditional care models.
In 2006, Anne-Marie founded Abicare. She surrounded herself with a talented team, experienced in care and all with the shared mission that they could change the face of home care in the UK. Since then, Abicare has:
- Opened five offices across England and Wales.
- Introduced life-changing technology for the elderly with Abilink, leading to the creation of our intranet.
- Developed industry-approved and certificated six-day and two-day fast track carer training.
- Built a community of supported carers who can thrive within their jobs.
- Achieved a “Good” CQC rating across all offices.
- E-learning platform to offer our carers an impressive range of training courses, including our own Abicare training material, to increase the breadth of learning.
Only by having an excellent team can we offer the flexible Live-in care and Visiting care that we do. Abicare believes care is a career and, like teaching or nursing, is often a calling. That’s why, regardless of background or relevant experience, we provide our team with the necessary training, supervision and ongoing support they need to thrive. We don’t just want our colleagues to enjoy their care work, we want them to achieve their full potential and help us to achieve our mission.
We have 5 core values to help us achieve our mission – C.H.E.C.K
- Committed: We are committed to providing an excellent experience at all levels of the business.
- Honest: Develop an honest and open culture encouraging everyone to express their thoughts and opinions respectfully.
- Empowering: Empowering individuals to develop and use their competencies to be ambitious in achieving their goals.
- Collaborative: Develop a collaborative approach that is inclusive.
- Kind: Be kind.
Care industry standards
Abicare matches the highest industry standards to keep ourselves at the forefront of care. We take our health, social and safety responsibilities seriously. Our policies and procedures reflect our awareness of the key issues surrounding the care industry. They also reflect our commitment to the wellbeing of our employees. We are regulated by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and Care Inspectorate Wales (CIW) to make sure that everything we do meets their standards. We are also part of the national body, the UK Home Care Association.
To find out more about what the UK Home Care Association does, visit
Have a question? Find the answer!
Head over to our FAQ’s to see if a question you have has already been asked and answered, if not ask away and we will get back to you.