Dementia Live-in Home CareRequest more information
Find out more about our round the clock support in the comfort of your own home, from our dedicated team of specialist dementia carers
What are the benefits of Live-in care for dementia patients?
At Abicare, we understand that living with dementia is life changing for the client and those around them. Sometimes, dementia patients are able to carry on living as they did before diagnosis. However, as their symptoms progress, they can easily become stressed, scared and anxious because they cannot remember things or follow what is happening around them. Many dementia patients feel more comfortable receiving care in their own home so that they’re not separated from family, friends and their familiar surroundings.
Having someone on hand 24/7 to provide a familiar friendly face around the house is especially important to dementia patients, because it provides an element of consistency in their lives. Our trained carers have specialist experience in looking after dementia patients.
Dementia patients can also be prone to waking up in the night due to disruption to their natural ‘body clock’, and they can be very confused when they do. Having one of our Live-in carers on hand through the night offers peace of mind and reassurance to the client and their family, alleviates any anxiety and also ensures their safety.
What does Live-in care for dementia patients include?
At Abicare, we strive to encourage our clients to live as independently as possible, in whatever ways their condition will allow. As well as personal care and companionship, our Live-in carers will help you to continue activities that you or your loved one enjoys for as long as possible. Live-in Dementia care might include the following:
- Personal care – bathing, dressing, going to the toilet and supervision of medicine
- Light housework – laundry, shopping or walking the dog
- Help with preparing your favourite meals
- Accompanying you on trips
- Companionship – the smallest things really can make the biggest difference, especially for dementia patients. It’s important for clients with dementia to have a familiar face around the house so that they feel assured and have continuity in their day-to-day life
- Overnight Care – dementia sufferers can be prone to waking up in the night due to disruption to their natural ‘body clock’, and they can be very confused when they do. Having one of our Live-in carers on hand through the night offers peace of mind and ensures a client’s safety
- Physical and mental support, especially if a client feels scared, confused, disorientated or anxious
- Encouragement with physical and recreational activities if possible, for example, going for a short walk, meeting a friend for coffee or general activities like a puzzle for Dementia.
- Running essential errands, for example collecting your medication or doing a food shop
- Respite Care – If you are someone’s regular care giver, and you need some extra support or some time off, our team of carers can step in and help and give you peace of mind knowing that your loved one is receiving the high quality of care that they are used to
Our specialist carers are on hand to provide 24 hour care in the comfort of your own home. Get in touch today to find out more about Live-in care for dementia patients.
Request more information or call us today - 01722 343 989
Abicare changes lives. Get in touch to find out more about how Abicare services could help the lives of you and your family.