What are the benefits of bariatric Live-in care?Free Home Care Assessment
At Abicare, we understand that every bariatric patient is different, and every care plan must be tailored to suit their needs. Obesity can lead to restricted mobility, vulnerability to skin infections and low moods, and so we are on hand to offer the specific care that is needed in order to avoid further complications and live as independently as possible. We can also help if you need a bit of extra support following bariatric surgery, and if the care receiver is a young person we aim to bring care in a way that assists them with the transition to living as independently as possible, and nurtures them to embrace life in whatever ways they can.
What does bariatric Live-in care include?
At Abicare, we strive to encourage our clients to live as independently as possible, in whatever ways their condition will allow. As well as personal care and companionship, our Live-in carers will help you to continue activities that you or your loved one enjoys for as long as possible. Bariatric Live-in care includes the following:
- Personal care – bathing, dressing, going to the toilet and supervision of medicine
- Low-support medical care, including care post bariatric surgery such as keeping a wound clean
- Light housework – laundry, shopping or walking the dog
- Help with preparing suitable meals and following a structured nutrition plan (a healthy diet is extremely important for bariatric patients and our specialist carers can help by preparing them the right food, that they enjoy, in the right quantities)
- Accompanying you on trips
- Companionship – Sometimes the smallest things make the biggest difference, especially for bariatric patients who can be particularly prone to suffering from low moods. Sometimes it’s a huge comfort to have a friendly face around the house who is there for a cup of tea and a chat as well as to offer more physical support
- Overnight Care – If bariatric clients wake up in the night, they can be very uncomfortable when they do and unable to get out of bed on their own. Our Live-in carers are on hand to offer help and reassurance during the night to ensure a client’s safety and alleviate any anxieties or discomfort
- Mobility support – We understand that bariatric clients often have restricted mobility, we are on hand to support them in day-to-day tasks and to encourage them to live as independently as possible
- Running essential errands, for example collecting your medication or doing a food shop
- Respite Care – If you are someone’s regular care giver, and you need some extra support or some time off, our team of carers can step in and help and give you peace of mind knowing that your loved one is receiving the high quality of care that they are used to
Our specialist carers are on hand to provide 24 hour care in the comfort of your own home. Get in touch today to find out more about Live-in bariatric care.
Request more information or call us today - 01722 343 989
Abicare changes lives. Get in touch to find out more about how Abicare services could help the lives of you and your family.